Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Saving for a Cause- Happy Season of Lent

Today the whole Catholic World begins the Season of LENT- 40 days of mortification, fast, prayers and alms giving leading to EASTER. But Jesus calls us above all to be more Loving towards our neighbor. Pope Francis calls all of us to Love the poor. The word Poor can have many different meaning. A person can be poor of appreciation, poor of love, person suffering from depression, peoples suffering from alcohol abuse or substance abuse, victims of sexual abuse, physical abuse and the list can go on. Each of us our fighting our battles some of us have friends and dear ones for help while others face them alone.

During this lent What can I do? Last evening I was with few of my friends. After a good game of volleyball they went for a smoke. And one of them spoke out saying " This season of Lent I am thinking of quit smoking." A thought ran to my mind why not save the money during this Lent Season which could have been spent in Smoking or drinking or lavish living, whatever little I can save. The same could be used for charity with NGO's working for Betterment of Girls. You would ask me 
Why specifically girl? With so many cases of rapes and molestation these days. I feel I need to do my bit. I have sisters, friends, relatives  who need to be safe and this is my small way of contributing towards it. I hope all you read this will be a part of it. 

I am not asking you to Contribute only through your savings. That is a later part. But you can say a kind word to a fellow colleague. A thank you to your Family members. A smile for a sad person. A prayer for those in need. Small gestures, random acts of kindness is what each one of us needs to do.

Have a Happy Season Of Lent.


No comments:

Post a Comment