Monday, February 16, 2015

Mera Naam Joker- Share a Smile

One of the movies which I had been waiting to watch for a long time. And finally last night had the fortune and time to watch it. The excellent story line with great acting by Raj Kapoor. There were many captivating dialogues in the film but a singular one summarizes the whole movie-"Kya main pyar karta hu... Ha me pyar karta hu, Bacho se, budho se, aadmi se, phool aur phatar se" I cant remember the exact words. The translation would mean the question is not "Do I love a particular person?" It is "DO I Love?" Yes I love, I love the children, I love the elders, I love the women and I love the men, I love the flowers and the stones.

All the recent controversy around the AIB knockout made me compare the two of them (AIB Knockout and Mera Naam Joker). Where the first pokes fun at other to make people laugh, the other pokes fun at himself to spread a smile. You may say what is so different about them.Both have the same goal, they make people happy, they bring cheer around. But the means used are different. Raj Kapoor proves that you can make people smile by not insulting or making fun of the other. I am not defending or blaming anyone. you are smart enough to judge for yourself.

People are same everywhere. Stricken by poverty, misery, corruption, rape, killings. lets do our part to make it a better place. This is not a sermon lets bring a smile to each others faces. Hope you liked this post. Ending it with the song from the same movie which is my favorite.

Kisiki muskuraahaton pe ho nisaar,
Kisika dard mil sake to le udhaar
Kisike waaste ho tere dil mein pyaar
Jeena issi ka naam hai.


No comments:

Post a Comment